Travelogue: Ometepe Island - San Ramon Waterfall

I have been so eager to try new things out lately and I guess this new post is a part to cross out on my list. I guess it's all about discovering more of who you are as a person. I really didn't expect that I can be a little adventurous too. At first, I was hesitant to do it because I have never been to an activity where it requires too much energy. But still, I think there's no harm on trying, right?! I consider this as an opportunity to level things up not only in myself but also in being able to socialize more.

San Ramon Waterfall can be found at the southern part of the Maderas Volcano. We started to go at 10:00 in the morning, and we finished at 12. I struggled with the heat of the sun, but thank God the trees helped out very well. Moving forward, take a look at my 2-hour hiking adventure. It was a joy to do, and I tell you, I have burned a LOT of calories so to those who are looking forward to an exercise of losing weight that is worth your time, then this is really perfect for you!

Of course, who would ever thought of not putting signs before you start your long walk journey?! It will always be at your own risk people. (And this rock came from the volcano by the way!)

This photo clearly showed how the road looks like when you go hiking while the sun is scorching hot (which is a good time to do it). Avoid the rain as much as posible because that will be a great cause of accident.


Photos below are the rocks in walls and the road itself. They all came from the volcano. And the water is from the waterfall above. It is very cold! Good thing also that the plants and trees are all naturally grown.

A quick glance through the perfectly-looking sky...



And of course, here comes the photographs from different angles of the San Ramon Waterfall. It is huge and very beautiful in person. The place has a very cold wind, the water is clear and cold too. It was definitely a worth it two-hour walk!


And of course, why would I forget another photograph of myself?! I am so proud to show my life achievement I must say! Haha!


Now this is my surprise. A video of the lovely waterfall! I really took this for you guys so you can see how nice it is. Hope you like it! Enjoy viewing!



Now let's go to the "hiking advice" part that you're waiting for!

>First, bring a very light bag with water, a lightweight towel, a bottled water, a small camera, biscuits or chips, and a swimwear (optional). Why all lightweight? It is because you will really struggle in climbing up and the pressure of going down. I tell you, it is not easy.

>Second, go in a lightweight pair of rubber shoes. Better if it doesn't have laces.

>And lastly, go in your most comfortable clothes as much as possible. The activity will really give you too much sweat!

I promise, you can never go wrong with these few tips!


It was a huge challenge to do hiking the very first time in your life. As you can see, those photographs of myself above is a clear reflection that you cannot apply glamour at all times. You can embrace fashion, but not to the extent that even your sweat can't be seen in pictures. Well, in short, you can't do anything about that. It's human nature. The only ace that you have is maintaining your composure at all times. That way, everything will be just fine.

Do you have any questions? Feel free to holler below or through our tab above that says ASK J.A.R. And also, you can keep updated in all of our latest posts by subscribing in our newsletter and following our Instagram @thejarblog!

Hope to see you all next time!



xoxo,
Rg

- DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -