Travelogue: Zopango Island - Masaya, Nicaragua


I've always had a fascination with islands. I guess it's because its tranquility is breathtaking. But whenever I see one, there's a thing that I struggle from going to that kind of place. I suffer from seasickness. I'm a traveler but not a good swimmer; and being quite afraid of the water is not a joke. Every time I ride a big/small boat or a ferry, I always get dizzy, and I feel like while the boat is going fast, I feel like vomiting or I'm thinking I might fall. I can't help but try to go to sleep within the trip or wear sunglasses just to not see the waves but it makes it even worse. Sometimes, I wish lakes and oceans are not deep that we can just walk through it. But as time goes by, I realized that life is all about taking risks. You'll never know if you never try.

Moving forward, I'd love to share with you today this amazing island that me and my friends went in our spare time. It has a lot to offer to tourists and it's great that I got the chance to tour around it with one of the owners, Flavia Bersani. Come and take a look at how amazing Zopango Island is!



Zopango is a private island located at Asese Bay, 30 minutes away from the main city Granada, Nicaragua. It is only one of the amazing islands located in that same bay where it's one of the most popular tourist spots. It is owned by a French family (The Bersani's), and has been offering private tours and exclusive excursions since 2008. It's also a member of International Ecotourism Society and has been awarded through its excellence in the tourism industry. 


Here are some snaps around the Asese Bay going to Zopango Island:

The island itself has a private beach area, restaurant, family room, non-smoking room and a massage room. They also offer a free shuttle service so you don't have to worry getting there.


I admire the Bersani family so much because as we tour around the Asese Bay and on Zopango Island itself, they knew everything from the lake itself to all the different kinds of birds that we can find there!



Now around the Zopango Island itself...

What's also great in going to this island is that the owners speak English, French, and Spanish!


As you can see, the trees are very abundant and well taken cared of. If you go inside this island, you will see the amazing variety of orchids, rare exotic birds, and very old trees.


A view of the Mombacho Volcano from the inside of the island. Indeed breathtaking!

A nicely-placed hammock perfect for relaxing with an amazing view!

The island is surrounded with clear water and some cute lotus.

So cool to have met this laughing bird. Yes, when you laugh, she laughs too!

And also, it was awesome to have met Cashew, the little monkey on that island. He is friendly and quite playful I might add!

Just a quick snap while strolling around the island...

Another view of the Mombacho Volcano...

So good to go kayaking on this peaceful view!


A photo with friends and Flavia, one of the owners at the right side...


And last but not the least, a sunset photo from the island with a perfect view of the Mombacho Volcano!


That's it for today! I hope you guys like my tour in the simply amazing Zopango Island. If you have questions, you can ask below this post or at the ASK J.A.R. tab above this blog. You can visit their website at http://www.zopangoisland.com/ for more details about their private tours and amenities. Ciao!



*This is not a sponsored content.

- DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -