Ometepe Island Travelogue: Day 1


Going around Nicaragua has been one of the greatest experiences I've ever had in travelling. It is full of discoveries, explorations, and trying things I've never done before. Indeed, it is so memorable that I'd love to share every bit of it with you guys.

Ometepe Island is one of the tourist spots here in Nicaragua. It is quite far but so worth it that you may wanna capture every inch of it with your camera. Yet, it has a lot to offer if you are into adventure, wildlife, and activities that will really make you sweat.

To tell you about where we stayed, it is called Biological field station in San Ramon, Ometepe Island. Honestly, some of the places here have a little resemblance to those in The Philippines. So, when it comes to adjusting to the weather, culture and all other stuff, is not that difficult at all. Moving forward to the place itself, let us look into the photos below:



A view before we go inside the ferry...


Behind the scenes from the ferry...

This photo of Volcan Concepcion was taken during my ferry trip. 


Below are some villas around the place.

I've always loved vintage vibes like these wine glasses from the field bar.

A coconut shake with fresh milk.

An orange tree from afar.

A bunch of lemon trees.

This horse is a sweet one. Her name is Cususa.

This guy is the most beautiful horse I've seen in the field so far! His name is Piloto by the way.

A bit of a free school made of plastic bottles. Cool, right?!

A typical Nicaraguan breakfast. Sliced fresh fruits, bread and freshly-made cheese. I tried it for the first time and it was good.

Lemons freshly picked from the trees!

Kayaking is mostly welcome on this island. People actually come from different countries because they want to experience the extreme island life. It's more of an adventure I must say so it is really perfect for backpackers and to those who live in the coldest places around the world.

And this is probably a nice shot for the volcano again. It is still active that you can actually see and smell the smoke from afar. It has quite a perfect cone which is good to photograph. I got really fascinated by how big it is that it became the landmark of the island itself.


It was definitely a wonderful experience being able to tour around the island. I wish I could share more pictures but honestly, it is really hard to bring my camera in all the places we are going because the entire trip is a rough road so it is a struggle that the lens may get damaged.

Soon, I will share you about an adventure that I only did on this island for the very first time in my life. I can't wait for you guys to see it! Subscribe in our newsletter to keep you updated on the latest happenings here on the blog. Hope to see you again next time!



xoxo,
Rg

- DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -