Touchdown Nicaragua, Central America


Maybe you´re wondering why it took me a while to talk about my new location. Well, to tell you honestly, I´ve been very busy coping up with my brand new situation. Don´t worry because it´s all about good plans. It was a huge decision for me to go to a place I´ve never been to especially that it was my first time to go out of my hometown. I know that the main concept of travelling is discovering the place itself and being able to appreciate it´s beauty in all forms. But, moving in to that place is a completely different story.

My family and I have decided to move in to Nicaragua last year. It is a small country in Central America where the main language is Spanish. I cannot tell you that much of why we moved here but I can assure you, it had benefitted my family very much in a good way. It was a step-by-step process as my mom and dad were the first ones to go. It came to the point where we struggled to be together but then we are just optimistic enough to push through beyond our limits and thank God, we were able to survive.

Moving forward, what I'm sharing to you today is my first outfit in my first day here in Nicaragua. It's been almost a year since I moved here. I am so eager to share this because I am so amazed and I still can't believe how I got here and so far all I've been doing is discovering. Come and take a look!

A huge change is constant and sometimes is really for the better. At first, we had some options, as to where (I know everyone had been to this) and we clearly have chosen this place because it is the easiest country to be a resident. Yet, it is also me, my mom and my sister´s first time to travel overseas so it´s really a huge step for us. But then, it went along pretty well. Thank you to those who have helped.

I consider it as a challenge for all of us. First of all, we don´t speak their language. Second of all, we have no idea on their culture and views. And last but not the least, we don´t know how lifestyle goes around here. But at least, we are going with their flow of life and so far it turns out good. Life is very simple here, and there are also similarities from the Philippines so it is not that of a big adjustment.

Right now, it has been going quite smooth here. We have encountered countless problems, but we were able to get countless blessings as well. It has been a 50-50 situation which is quite good. And throughout the journey, there are old and new things came up.

As you can see, the sun is scorching hot, just like in The Philippines (you'll understand me if you've ben there). I have chosen to wear this because I wanted to be comfortable in strolling around the city. Considering that I am in the process of going through places, it is very important to consider convenience and coziness in any way possible.

Nicaragua has been good to me this year; welcoming me in a good way. In terms of the place, there are a few similarities with my hometown (which is the Philippines) in terms of the weather, looks, and some tourist destinations. Honestly, my hometown is quite better. When it comes to modernism, they are way behind here that they really need investors to be able to develop itself. What I knew was before, this place is really nice but when an earthquake struck them in the early 70's or 80's (I think), they weren't able to retrieve themselves yet from the tragedy because they lost everything. Maybe that is the reason why only a few foreigners/expats would like to take the risk to invest here. Mostly, they just retire here for better reasons I guess.

Guys, this is just my opinion. I have no intentions of destroying the image of Nicaragua. So far, my words are based on what I see and experience. The other interpretations are clearly up to you. Remember, this is a free world. We are all entitled to our own views and opinions.


Maybe you're all asking why I posted outfit photographs instead of the place, it is because I will be featuring that in the coming blog posts. It´s good to share every bit of it so that you will know also what Nicaragua has to offer not only in an expat (foreigner) like me but also throughout its existence. You´ll never know; you might bump in here sometime! For sure it will be a whole new and great experience.


Do you also have your own moving out journey? Feel free to share it with us below or in our Instagram @thejarblog. See yah!



Thrift Shop plaid polo and boots, Freego jeans, Polytolyowie bowler hat, Papemelroti necklace, Forever 21 bracelets, Love Hope Faith watch.

Visit Love Hope Faith Philippines for fashionable items. A portion of their sales will go to charities in need.



xoxo,
Rg

- DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -